Alle` accidentally knocked both of Erik's tooth brushes in the toilet today. It was pretty funny, and Erik was really upset by it.
Below: (Right) Jonpaul, Taylor, and me before we got worn out. (Left) Erik and Alle` on the big bay were all the birds were.
After lunch Erik, Alle`, Jonpaul, Taylor, and I went canoeing on the river in the marsh. It is a really lovely pea soup color which really makes you want to stick your hand or feet in it. Walking down there we really got bit by mosquitoes. That was no fu
When we weren't paddling we kept hearing a sucking noise and finally we saw that it was a large fish sucking air in the weeds in the river. It was very strange.
When we got to the take out they were not there so I called and we had to wait for them to come and get us again. It was getting cold and we were all tired and not so happy with the fact that we were not going to be fixing dinner. Which meant not in control of what we were eating again. I was really hoping for something good but we had brats which make my stomach grumbly and upset. These were no exception. Also, they were not my favorite. I really prefer the white brats.
Me, Taylor, and Jonpaul taking a break to watch the birds, right before we had to work really hard against the wind to get across the bay.
Pete, Melissa, Rick, Adam, and Taylor also joined us for dinner so there were quite a lot of us there, so we ate at three different tables. At dinner my grandfather had been drinking and he was just looking to have an argument or give a lecture. It was not very pleasant to eat with him and I who can be very argumentative myself was trying to not engage with him which seemed to just make him madder. When he is confrontational like that it is hard to talk or to even sit and eat with him. I ended up getting a really bad headache, which was the third day in a row which I've had one and they come from the confrontation and the arguments which happen here. I'm used to living with Matthew and we are not confrontational like that, my parents are also very mellow in comparison which makes it hard to deal with all of the confrontation which occurs here. It makes me not want to come and visit my family. I really wish it was different. It is going to be a while before I chose to come and stay with my grandparents again. If I come up
(Left) Jonpaul all done canoeing waiting to be picked up. (Right) a really pretty water lily. We only saw two even thought there were lots and lots of lily pads on the trip down the river.
Every one was really tired tonight so after dinner all of the aunts and uncles left pretty fast. So it will be an earlier night for us. Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment