Friday, July 31, 2009

New Boat

This morning I got up to find that my grandfather had gotten a boat. It is an old boat from the 70's. It needed a lot of cleaning as it had been outside without a cover for some time. To tell you what it was like there was a small small maple tree growing in the front of the boat in the leaves that had fallen in it. It took my mom and dad the entire morning to get it cleaned up. After that it was up to my dad to get it to run correctly or to just run nice. Which he did.
Mom and Nana cleaning the new boat
My cousin Adam and their dog Sunshine

After lunch Erik, Alle`, Jonpaul, mom, and I went horse back riding. Today I rode Shasta. She was a really good horse I liked riding her. She has a very fast pace and really wanted to get going. She was also very easy to ride as it took very little to get her to go where you wanted. I am a little bit sore though from having ridden two days in a row. I stopped earlier than everyone else because I wanted to be able to walk tomorrow.
My Grandparent's house
Five Leave clover we christened the boat with

After we got done riding and put the horses out dad had the boat running and about ready to take for a test run. We took the boat to the state park, which has a lake, to give it a test run. On the way to the lake we had a little adventure though. Dad didn't completely latch the trailer onto the trailer hitch so it bounced off the hitch and we had to go and put it back on. A guy stopped and he put the little clip into the trailer so that it wouldn't bounce off again.
Erik and Alle` driving the boat on it's first boyage out with the family

The boat was good on the water. We didn't have any problems. It started up and we went out and drove around. It was cool as it was probably around 6 and we kept getting splashed by the wind.

We had a good dinner tonight and most of the family was there. I think we are going to try and do karaoke tonight so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment