Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bele Chere

This weekend was Bele Chere. I was really starting to look forward to it because I had gotten a job for the festival and was really looking forward to less stress after being paid. However, the schedule was changed so I ended up only working yesterday. After having worked a day in the kid's area for Your Event Source (YES) I'm glad they cut me from working today. It was a 10 1/2 hour day and they only gave me one 30 minute break the entire day. It was really a drag. By the end of the day I didn't even want to go out and listen to music at the festival. Little kids are so hard to deal with. They don't know how to wait and they scream. There were a couple kids that really shouldn't have been allowed on the blow ups after they had kicked and screamed and had a tantrum. All I know is that the parents were defiantly not helping the kids learn a better behavior they were only spoiling the kids.

For the thirty minutes I had as a break I went and ate lunch outside. It was really beautiful and warm. They had the AC on and it was really cold in the civic center. I walked down the ally by the Library and sat and ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. While I was eating I could hear the nearby band. Also there was a seed floating in around in the wind it was really beautiful. There were also two balloons floating up into the clouds. I watched them until they were gone. One was red and the other was blue. I kept looking away and then looking back and think disappeared but then I would find them again. They were gone by the time I went back inside.

After they let me go I met up with Matthew and we went and checked out each of the bands playing. We decided to stay and listen to a Sly & the Family Stone cover band. They were pretty good and it was fun to hear music I knew.
One of my books, Coptic stitch.

Today I made the covers for some books I'll sew later. I'm hoping to start a website to sell them from. Although as I'm heading off to visit family on Wednesday and going down with Matthew to his dad's this evening or tomorrow it seems unlikely that I will get a website up anytime soon until then the picture of one of my books that is finished as an example of what will be on the web page. The picture washes out some of the color so I'll have to get better pictures before I start my website as well. But that shouldn't be to hard to do.

I think I have two ripe tomatoes today which is really exciting. I'm hoping nothing has decided to have a snack. My first tomato had a bite taken out of it by something. That was up setting. Also my pepper is starting to turn red. I'm hoping it doesn't get ripe before I get back from visiting family in Wisconsin.

1 comment:

  1. I like the book! I think people will buy them. Where are you going to sell them, do you have any local shops that will let you put them in their store? Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete