Today I flew from Charlotte N.C. to Madison Wisconsin. I left Matthew's dad's and he took me to the airport. I was lucky they let my fly with my violin. I thought they might tell me I had to check it but I didn't. My flights were uneventful. Quite boring actually. When I got to Cleveland I had a layover there I was sitting down and eating my apple. I was just watching people walk by and stuff when I saw a bird fly dow
Bird dringing from the water fountain
My flight into Madison left a little bit late but we didn't arrive late or at least I didn't think we had until I double checked the time on the ticket it was only ten minutes but as my grandparents were picking me up at the airport (my parents and brothers went to the Oshkosh air show) they were worried about my plane. I wasn't really in any hurry but they were waiting for me so I hurried off to meet them. On the car ride back to the farm, my grandfather had the radio on and he kept having these short political rants and I started feeling a little like, please just stop I don't want to hear it. I don't agree with him politically and there really is no point in arguing with him because it is not a conversation it is him, him, him, and he does not listen to what you have to say. Because I wanted to keep from getting frustrated I watched a fly which was flying around in the car, actually there were about four flies so I let one out every once in a while and hoped that he would stop. What was interesting to me was that even after I got off the plane and I came all this way to visit with him he didn't really want to be talking with me. It wasn't until we got back to the farm and were eating that we really had any conversations and then it was me asking questions of them. They didn't really want to know anything about me. They did ask if I had any new plans for China which at this point I really don't know what they know so I told them I had decided on a city Kunming (and that isn't set in stone yet so it could change). But other than asking about that we really didn't have much to say to each other.
After dinner I walked down to the pond with my grandmother. It is cool here almost cold. It was a short but nice walk.
I practiced violin but not for as long as I would have liked to. My fingers peeled again today. I have been trying to keep them pretty dry but it hasn't seemed to work to well.
As the time is different here I'm getting really tired and it isn't even that late. My parents still haven't arrived back from the air show.
No comments:
Post a Comment