Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowed in

This morning Matthew and I went for a walk around the block. It was hard work walking though almost a food of snow. I measured it and we have about 10 inches. That is a lot for Asheville. All the trees are covered in snow and it is like a winter wonderland.

Today I thought I would be able to get out. I was hoping that I wouldn't be able to though. Work called and asked if I could come in. I thought I would be able to get my car out but it was not happening. I tried for 45 minutes and it just wasn't happening. So I called and said that I couldn't come in. At which point I was ready for a day off. But no. One of my co workers lives by me and I cold ride in with her. So I walked to her place and it took us an hour and a half to get to work at which point I just wanted a nap and to go home. This is the point at which they told me I would end up staying the night. I would have been alright with that if I had been prepared to do so before I left me apartment but I was not ready to stay the night. I ended up working three hours and going home. I don't think they were happy with me at work but I needed a warning.

My car stuck in the snow. It looks much better all covered in snow.

I spent a nice afternoon with Matthew. We cooked sweet potatoes and kidney beans and nappy cabbage. I like Nappy cabbage much more than I would have imagined. It was a relaxing night. It started snowing again, a light flurry I can watch against the street light.

No comments:

Post a Comment