Saturday, February 6, 2010

City Center Gates

These are pictures of the three different city Center gates. These are in the pedestrian mall. This area is supposedly safe for pedestrians but I find it questionable with all the scooters zooming through. These pictures are from the first couple of days Matthew and I were in Kunming. The close up on the corner of the gate is off the bell. When it is windy the bells tinkle. It is a really pretty sound. Also in this area there are pansies planted everywhere and it is really very pretty. I think that this may be one of my favorite places in Kunming. I can't say I've been to many yet. I also really liked Green Lake, up by the Universities. Although Matthew and I haven't spent as much time there yet. We only visited once. Right now the City Center is really crowded because everyone is preparing for Spring festival, the Chinese New year. We have heard it will be less crowded later in the year.

Also a small note on the picture of the Toilet sign, this was in the Hump Hostel. It was a joke as they had many funny signs. Like a polar bear which slipped and was on its back as a warning for the wet floor. The bathroom was a shared, except for the toilet area. Matthew and I didn't really use this as we had our own room with a toilet. We had wanted to switch to a room which would have had us using the shared bathroom but they didn't have any available.

No comments:

Post a Comment