Monday, February 8, 2010

A trying day in Kunming

Okay, so I told my mom I would try and be more positive. So after this post I will try really hard. Even if something bad happens. However, today I just need to rant a little, a very little.

This is the last picture I will be posting. For once this had nothing to do with the internet here. Yesterday at a bus stop Matthew and I had both of our cameras stolen. Let me say that again: BOTH.

To start the day Matthew and I ate a nice breakfast at the hotel. They have a buffet with lots of options. The table we sit at is next to the little goldfish pool. They all come and swarm around the edge near us as I think they want us to feed them. This is the last picture I will be posting until I get a new camera. This expense means that I will not be buy a violin. I'm pretty upset about that.

We  went out to look at the apartment we had seen on Thursday. As it was dark when we first visited we wanted to get a look at the neighborhood. We walked around a little and it was pretty nice. We noticed that there weren't any power lines. We think they are under the sidewalk. There are little lightning bolts sometimes so it makes sense for them to be. After we finished in the neighborhood we walked over to the Wal Mart to get some lunch. It is easy to point at food in a counter. Also, we are still looking for a converter for our some of the electronics. They didn't have one. We ate our lunch and it was pretty good. It was noodles and veggies but it had a sauce I liked. On the way back to the bus we saw people flying kites. One of the kites was having a really hard time. When we got to the bus stop we got in line for the bus number 52 and that is when we got separated in the line. Matthew was in front and I couldn't get to him. By the time I got to him and got on the bus the bag was unzipped and our cameras were gone. The biggest bummer is that Matthew hadn't loaded any of his pictures on the computer yet. I had all of mine on my computer. So this means no fish head soup, eating bugs, or food pictures in general as they were mostly on his camera. I did a quick look and saw our passports were still there. When we got back to the hotel we saw it was just the cameras. I guess we need to stay closer together in the future.

At the hotel we tried to find a place to stay but it was getting later and later and we still didn't have a place so we booked another night at the Camellia. We were really hoping to be settled by now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the theft, but keep the chins up. You're in China, and that in itself is fantastic! Every day sheds light on the previous (:
    - m

    ReplyDelete