This weeks installment of the bookmaking class went much better. They actually got something done. It was impressive. They had a new assistant teacher and he really laid down the law and the students followed it. There was one new student and a student who had left so the new student got the old students incomplete book. It looks like next week will be the last week I have to go in to teach the class. I'm pretty happy about that. I also think that the students are more invested in what they are doing and as a result they want to participate. I am actually enjoying the class now instead of dreading it. The class is still difficult to teach but now that the students are interested in what is happening and are invested in the process it is much easier to communicate and have them follow instruction.
This week was the last day of cover making so we glued them and they are drying for next week when we will sew them.
On Monday mom was flying back from Florida. I was supposed to pick her up at the airport in Asheville at 3 and take her back to Bakersville. Monday morning I woke up to more rain and it looked like it was going to rain all day. I called mom and dad in Florida and told them to check the flight before she left. It was on time. In Orlando mom called me and told me she was leaving late. She missed her flight from Atlanta to Asheville as a result. Once she got to Atlanta she played musical flights. I gave up on a set time for picking her up at the airport. Matthew and I went for a walk in the rain just to get outside. It was about the time one of moms flights was supposed to come in but I figured that it was safe to go walking because she had not gotten on a flight yet. It wasn't until 9:30pm that she finally got in. She ended up spending the night with me in Asheville. Today was actually sunny for the first time in a couple days too, so Mom and I went for a walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment