Monday, October 5, 2009

Back from the Beach in No Time

Matthew and I drove down to the beach and his mom's on Friday. We got there in time for dinner. After dinner I practiced violin. Erik called me and told me he was going to have dinner with Brian Greene, who is the only physicist who I have been able to read and understand. I got really interested in string theory after reading his book The Elegant Universe.
It was really warm at the beach and after a sleepless night for Matthew, who was worried about his dad, we went to the beach. It was warm enough to go swimming which was nice. We walked on the beach and watched the kite surfers. When we were leaving the beach Matthew got a call and we packed up and headed to Durham to go and be with Matthew's Dad. We packed up at Matthew's Mom's and jumped in the car. I was driving and about an hour into the trip I get a phone call and I don't recognize the number but I answer it anyway. "Hi, is this Annalisa?" "Yes." "This is Math and Science calling and your brother is running a fever can you come and get him? We heard your parents were out of town." "Yes." The one good thing was I was already on my way to Durham where Math and Science is. So when we got to the hospital I dropped off Matthew and went and got my brother and brought him back to Bakersville. At 1 in the morning we went to the hospital to get a flu test which was negative so we just had to wait until his fever went down. He has to be fever free for 24 hours before I can take him back.

Sunday he was still sick so I went out and got stuff for us to eat and Gatorade. Ruff was very bossy and wanted lots of attention. Today it seemed like he was better but then when I got back to Asheville, Tom our uncle is staying with him, he had a fever again. I have to work tomorrow so I needed to come back to Asheville tonight so that I could get to work at 6 in the morning. It is really cold here as the heat isn't on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment