Yesterday was a beautiful day and Matthew and I decided it would be a good thing to go for a walk at Beaver Lake. I started out the day by going to work and not really knowing what to say to people. I felt numb. It was really hard for me to think that there are so many things I will not be able to share with my grandmother. Part of me wonders if I really ever thanked her for all she gave me and encouraged me to do. I wonder what secrets she kept with her. She didn't tell us so much and I wonder if she told anyone how she really felt or what she really thought. In many ways she was a very private person. She was kind and the grandmother most people would want to have.
It was really pretty at the lake with the leaves turning and the sun reflecting off of the water. It was really n
Matthew and the Dogwood Tree
Matthew has a tree which we go and visit every time we go to Beaver lake together. It is an old Dogwood which at this time of year is really pretty. It is starting to lose its leaves but they are a deep red which makes the bright red berries really bright.
Today there was a really beautiful sunset which I just caught before it disappeared. I opened the window up to take the picture so I could show it to Matthew. Yes, that is peeling paint. If Matthew and I forget to pull the windows in they get rained on. I wouldn't say that the peeling paint was created by us though as it was already crumbling before we even moved in.
No comments:
Post a Comment