As I didn't get to carve my pumpkin I decided I would cook it. I've looked up some recipes and found one for new world chili, which has pumpkin in it. It took me a long time to cut up all of the ingredients and when I was done the underside of my right thumb nail was burning. I thought maybe it was onion or garlic that was hurting my thumb but when I stuck it in my mouth it was hot and then like a light bulb going off I knew it was the jalapeno peppers I had cut up for the chili. I washed my hands for the third time and it still burned. Even as I write this I can still feel the fire under my thumb nail.
As I had already spent a lot of time in the kitchen, and I needed to watch the chili, I decided to make some really yummy chocolate chip cookies. I added dried cherries and they are amazing. I'm really quit proud of myself. It was just a normal chocolate chip recipe and I made it something special. They smell so good. They look lovely too.
No comments:
Post a Comment