Today Matthew and I went to look at the long distance train station. It was a mess. On the way there we saw a little kid pee on he sidewalk and his father pull him off as he was pooping. A nice introduction to the train station if you ask me. There were many people just sitting in the open space of the train station waiting for their train. It was overwhelming for me and we didn't see any English on any of the signs or train schedules.
When we left the bus station we went to Haigeng park on Dianchi. I liked this park more than Daguan, as it was on the lake and you could see views out across the lake. We strolled around the park along the lake shore. There was a fishing pier that went out onto the lake and we walked out. It could have used some repairs and when the waves came the would splash up through the broken parts. If there is a drought I don't know if the pier would have been above water if the lake came up anymore. Also along the pier there were old boats that had been rotting in the water. The strange thing about walking along the lake was that it smelled like salt water.
In the park the cherry trees were blooming and it was really beautiful. All of the natives were having their picture taken with the cherry trees.
The bus ride back was really hot and crowded. I had a little lady come and share a seat with me. She didn't smell very good. When Matthew and I got off the bus she took the seat and didn't share. The next bus was a long ride and it was very crowded. I finally got a seat and luckily had an open window as it was really hot. We drove by some construction and that slowed us down, but we did recognize the stop we wanted even though we hadn't been their before. It was good to get off the bus and back to the apartment to cook dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment