Monday, March 22, 2010

Trip to Guilin

Today we left Kunming and got on the plane to Guilin. My stomach was up set so I let Matthew pack. It was a good thing I had done a lot of the packing the day before. I didn't know if getting on the plane was a good idea but I didn't think it would make me feel any worse so away we went. The airport was much closer to where we lived than I remembered.

We got to Guilin and it was to early for us to meet our couchsurfing host. After Kunming Guilin was really humid. Even in the airport the humidity was really strong. Sitting in the airport I was starting to feel a little better. Matthew however, was not feeling that great. It was strange. I was able to get a hot soup for dinner and that was nice. We got a taxi into the city and got to our hosts apartment on the university campus there. Emmanuelle was a great host and we were really glade we decided to stay with her. She helped us get a ride down the Li Jiang river tomorrow. That is one of the things we really wanted to do while we were in Guilin.

No comments:

Post a Comment